Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2008-11-24

JASPER TX // SKATERS
Jasper TX: Vintermusik (with Machinefabriek)
I don't recall how I came across this musician, but I did and downloaded some albums and found it to be right up my alley. Ambient hum drone with a bit of dissonance, postrock chamberishness, and postmodern electricalismo. The only problem is the occasional clack or static that is a stain upon the beauty. Oh postmodernists and their blasphemous irony!
Jasper TX: Pilgrims
See above comment. The pieces were indistinguishable for me. I should stop listening to multiple albums from the same artist within the same week, so that I can actually form an opinion about the actual work.
Skaters: Physicalities of the Sensibilities of Ingrediential Stairways
Yes! More! Sometimes I'm not in the mood for the Skaters, because, well... it's pretty darn annoying and noisy. But once you let about 30 seconds go by it sucks you in. I miss having them in the Bay Area, because now I don't get to hear them live anymore.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.