Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2003-06-08

Check out my post, "Four Views of Collaborative Art" on my other, multi-purpose blog, Future Wave. In it I describe more ideas of conceptual music composition. In brief, one is a collaboration where one composer builds half of a loose piece of music, the second composer layers on top of the piece and then continues the piece onward symmetrically, and then the extension is filled in by the original artist. Another idea is to have a project like the collaborative ep series of Cerberus Shoal, where a piece is written, handed to a second artist who then reinterprets the piece. The same would be done vice-versa, with switched roles. I would extend this concept by returning the interpretive response piece to the original artist and have them re-interpret it themselves. A third collaborative musical project would be something anyone could do: construct a mix tape with a friend, where each person selects a song in response to the song before it, handing the tape back and forth until the tape is filled.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.