Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2009-07-13

Whitetree: "Cloudland"
This is really quite nice, definitely earns the genre I made up "post-post-rock", though it verges on being just plain chamber-space-post-rock a la Rachel's. Contemplative, pretty, with enough electricals to fool you that it's space music. A keeper, lovely and relaxing, great for studying or sleeping, or nearly anything.

(bike: Esquivel: "See it in Sound")
Is there anything that needs to be said about Esquivel? If you haven't listened to him, GET HIM. GET ANYTHING. But most important, BLAST IT. I've never heard anything even compare to him, yet the style is so straight (re-worked lounge and showtunes? hello, could the "topic" get any worse?). So this suggests it's not just his technical studio wizardry, it's something holy about his spirit. Everyone's got spirit, but this man is magic, historic.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.