Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2009-07-20

James Ferraro: "Edward Flex Presents: "Do You Believe in Hawaii"
James Ferraro of the Skaters, once again, proves that he has a transcendent mind. It's music like this (is it music? Is it just psychedelic white-noise, your internal hum, the harmony of a school of fish -- which is, at the same time, their complete and utter disc(h)ord?); music like this makes me proud to live in our important schizophrenic era, postmodern need-no-rigor never sounded so nice.

(bike: Panda Bear: "s/t"
Animal Collective" "Water Curses" ep)
I thought, based on the immense bliss I experienced a few weeks ago of Panda Bear's newest album, that I would revisit his oldest work, and the newest Animal Collective, but neither is anything worth talking about. A failed week of bike music, no memories have been burned in, but at least I know now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.