Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2009-06-08

Ashtray Navigations: How Do Siamese Twins Arrange...
The first side is moderately noisy for this group, and the second side is some great False India shit. Not as sparkling as some of their rare shorter tracks, but it's a keeper.
Aphex Twin: Xylem Tube
I wanted to remind myself what his work sounds like. It's too fast for my liking, but he's definitely talented. Okay, I admit: the former botanist in me was attracted to the ep title.
GHQ: Requiem For Bhopal
This is more like a straight drone from this group, less differentiation of the actual instrumentation. It matched the Ashtray Navigations quite well.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.