Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2008-03-31

WEEK OF 080311 PLAYLIST: TONY SCOTT
Tony Scott: Music for Zen Meditation
The jazz musician's incredible clarinet album playing traditional Japanese music. I am in love with koto music, and much other traditional Japanese music, particularly the slow stuff. When I learnt about this album last week, from a guy who makes shakuhachi flutes out of PVC pipes, I was very upset that I hadn't heard of it before.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.