Here I list the "record of the week" (often a few records), which I listen to repeatedly all week long while I work, letting the music seep deep into my mind, and painting my activities with a color that I will forever remember whenever I later recall each piece. I also post other thoughts on music here too.

2005-09-17

Jack Rose Dream.

Perhaps this dream is derived from having seen Jack Rose perform the night before, but the context of the dream is irrelevant. It contained a wonderful idea I think friendly musicians ought to consider.

In the dream, Jack played a show in a very comfortable barn-like room. At the close of the show, instead of an encore, he brought up nine musicians well-known in the space folk scene (I remember one was Matt Valentine, whose music was playing at the time of the dream). Jack announced that they would jam for five minutes. Then, for the following five minutes, the band would sit silent, the lights would come on, and the audience was asked to talk amongst themselves for five minutes. After this, the ensemble of musicians began playing again for five minutes, then five minutes of talking, then a final round of five minutes of playing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I study photosynthetic microorganisms.